Saturday, October 4, 2008

.He.gives.and.takes.away.

Ethan Bradley is the brand new son of one of my dear friends, Lesha. Along with our close friend, Leah, I had the awesome privilege of being there with Lesha throughout her pregnancy - even from the day she first took a test! I was so excited for her... Leah, Lesha, and I talked about having babies all the time...you know, just dreaming (or worrying) together.

The first person I called after she told me the news was who else...my mom. Leah and I followed all the details of Lesha's pregnancy...doctor's appointments, sonograms, picking out nursery stuff, etc., etc. We were just so excited for her and loved hearing about what we might be in store for one day....God willing. =) We would talk and talk about baby Ethan. I would also relay the info to my mom because she just loved hearing about anything to do with my life or my friends. Plus, I'd ask her random pregnancy and baby questions just because we would be on the subject.

On September 14th, Leah discovered she was also pregnant. On September 15th, Ethan Bradley Wheat was born at around 4 am. Seven hours prior to his birth (on September 14th), my mama was taken to Heaven.

It is a little surreal to see the Lord's scripture in such an in your face sort of way. "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord!" - Job 1:21

In reading this scripture again tonight, I realize that maybe I've been interpreting it wrong. Why would He take away my mama? It just doesn't make sense. I need her. I want her here for me and my future babies. Why should I say "Blessed be the name of the Lord" when He took her from me?

Then, I realized....the scripture probably means He has taken away our fear, our sin, our sadness, our sickness, our weakness...you get the idea. He has taken her away to be with Him in a world where there is no sadness or sickness. Plus, he is helping to take away (or at least deal with) my unbearable pain. He is helping my family mourn in a peaceful and healthy way. I feel like He has GIVEN me a weird sense of peace and strength that I cannot explain. So, "Blessed be the name of the Lord!"

Deep...yes, I know. SO, to lighten things up, here are a few pics of Ethan Bradley!




0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP