Thursday, October 23, 2008

.happy.birthday.mama.



Mama would've been 62 today.  I found myself wondering if she would be celebrating her birthday in Heaven today.  Do you have birthdays in Heaven?  Or, do you celebrate the day you entered into Heaven?  Sort of like a re-birthday??  My mind wondered like this all day long.  My birthday is November 5th.  This is a day I am soooo dreading!!  Not only will I be turning 29....TWENTY NINE!!!  My last year as a 20 something!!!  Holy Crap!!  Can I please freeze time now?  Actually, I would've like to frozen time last year...then, mama would still be here and all would be right with the world.  

Not only am I turning the big 2.9., but it'll be extra hard as I will celebrate it for the first time without a mother.  Mama always made a big deal about birthdays.  When you think about it, it's more of a day for the mother than for the child.  Sure, I was brought into this world on that day, but she was the one who brought me into the world...she was the one who remembers the day, not me.  Oh well, I've been thinking of totally skipping the day all together, but doesn't look like that can happen.  

I'll be glad when it's November 6th.



0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP