Monday, October 13, 2008

.thinking.of.mama.

What a day tomorrow will be! Tomorrow, October 14th, will be a very bittersweet day.  Two years ago that day, I married the love of my life, Bo.  Also, two years ago on that very same special day, my precious pup-a-girl, Maggie, was born.  That was such an amazing time in my life.  Life seemed so perfect!  I was starting a new chapter in my life with the one I loved.  I didn’t realize it then how much my life would soon be changing and how Bo would truly become a rock for me during the hardest time of my life. . .

Also, it was just a month ago tomorrow, that my Mama went to Heaven.  I am so incredibly thankful that my mama got to be with me on that very special day two years ago and that she was able to know and love my precious Maggie.  Not a day goes by that I do not think of special times I shared with mama.  All the planning of the wedding and helping me take care of my first puppy.  I am so glad she knew my husband and she loved him like her own son.  I thank God that I was able to have her here with me for the short time that I did.  I've got so many memories to last the rest of my life and to pass on to my future children.  Although there are so many more reasons I need her here with me, I am so blessed she wasn’t taken any sooner! 

Time has really flown by since the day I got married.  I can’t believe I have now been married for 2 years!  However, it seems as though it has been longer than a month since Mama went to Heaven b/c the days seem to drag on now that she is not here with me.  Throughout my day I think to myself.... I need to call mama and tell her "this."  I miss her so much every day! 

Also coming up this weekend, Saturday, October 18th is my 27th birthday and dad’s 65th birthday!  What a week this will be!  I will be so very sad to not hear Mama’s “Happy Birthday” wishes and hear her usual saying of….. “27 years ago today.. .”  Then, next Thursday, October 23rd will be even harder – Mom’s 62nd birthday.  


I will cherish the following picture forever. . . 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP